Happy new year everyone !
Since I often receive the same questions I thought would be more productive to answer once and for all through a video more in a podcast form. Thanks to Sagar Bhatt for taking the time to write down all the predominant questions that every student or CG hobbyist wonder about getting into the industry.
In detail you can find your answer here :
- 0:30 / A brief introduction about you? Who are you? What do you currently do?
- 3:52 / What made you get where you are now?
- 3:52 / Why did you start learning a 3d software, what was the incentive to you then?
- 6:23 / According to you what makes an ideal 3d artist and what do most artists lack in general ?
- 7:22 / When and Why did you start learning Houdini ? what was the most difficult thing to pick up while you were learnign Houdini yourself? -
- 10:42 / Do you think learning something like Houdini is purely an information's game? is gathering a certain specific set of data all there is to learning?
- 14:09 / What are your takes on a studio job? small scale studio, large one or maybe freelance ?
- 14:56 / Is it the financial aspects of a job or career that define its glory and success? or is the achievements made in the form of work? or is it simply defined to be the content of one's own self?
- 20:03 / What are some usual but uncommonly heard ways of getting your name out to the industry or the studios in general?
- 22:43 / According to your experience in the VFX industry do you think there are many opportunities around the world for an innovative artist? Does it seem sensible to you to move to a different country which has a fair paying job ?
- 25:56 / How do you see the VFX industries growth in suppose 20-30 years down the line, how do you see the industry evolve in the coming decade?
- 31:19 / What do you plan on doing for the majority of the year 2021? And what are your goals for the life ahead?