In this tutorial I'm showing how to make a setup that will allow you to make UVmap and layout them in 5min max thanks to Houdini power. (works with Houdini Apprentice, free !) Perfect for a generalist workflow !
I made a more complete setup / tool based on this workflow that you can find on my gumroad :
Compatible with Maya/3dsmax using Houdini Engine.
In detail we see here :
- How to transfer random color to a geometry.
- Partition the colored mesh into groups corresponding at one tile.
- Converting the group into a name attribute.
- Create a loop into every tile to Unwrap and layout UVs
- Use Attribute Vop and basic Math to limit the number of tiles in a rows.
Don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel @adrienlambert if you liked , some more content soon ! ;)