Full Procedural Mineral - Video Tutorials / Houdini 18 / Redshift
Showing in details the different steps to recreate my mineral experiment inside of Houdini 18 and Redshift 3 Include :
- 19 video tutorials / 3h40min of houdini/redshift content.
- .hipnc / Houdini project files (houdini Indie, can't be opened in houdiniFX)
- Final multichannel render
- Blender final compositing project
- Part 1 : Procedural crystal / main setup [FREE] - 19min
You can watch this part for free on my youtube channel to give you a good idea of what you can expect through this Houdini course.
- Part 1.5 : Procedural crystal / Internal structure - 6min
Finishing the creation of the crystal by adding some internal structure and cracks over the surface. This will help later to give a sweet look once we will start shading.
- Part 2 : Procedural rock support - 12min
Using primitives and polygon surface operators to generate a rock base on which we will scatter the crystals we created.
- Part 3.1 : Scatter / Density attribute - 10min
Using pointvop and some basic vex to setup some attributes that will drive the scattering of the crystals and fibers.
- Part 3.2 : Scatter / Scale attributes -12min
Using pointvop to setup the scale of the scattered crystals.
- Part 3.3 : Scatter / Orient attributes - 10min
Using pointvop to setup the rotation of the scattered crystals.
- Part 3.4 : Scatter/ ID attributes - 12min
Fixing crystal volume artefacts, creating different variations of crystals. Using pointvop and for each loop to assign different geometries into the scattered crystals.
- Part 3.5 : Resolving scattered geometry intersection - 10min
Setting up a flexible and fast procedural way tor resolve the intersection generated into the highres scattered crystal.
- Part 4.1 : Strands / Crystal setup - 18min
Setting up the strands flowing along the crystals.
- Part 4.2 : Strands / Rock setup - 7min
Setting up the strands connecting the rock to the crystals.
- Part 5.1 : Fibers / HairGen setup - 10min
Setting up the main settings to generate and import custom guides to drive our hairgen fiber.
- Part 5.2 : Fibers / procedural Groom - 18min
Creating attributes and masks to proceduraly drive the Hair system for the Malachite fibers.
- Part 6 : Be Creative! - 11min
Now that the whole setup is ready it's time to play with it and be creative to come up with a cool composition we could use to start lighting.
- Part 7 : Lighting with Redshift - 17min
Models and composition is ready time to deal with lighting setup ! [FREE]
- Part 8.1 : Base rock Lookdev - 10min
Giving the base rock the look it deserves with some displacement, SSS and subtle color variations. Full procedural shader using redshift networks.
- Part 8.2 : CrystalLookdev - 12min
Giving the crystals their final look using redshift procedural shading network.
- Part 8.3 : Fibers and Strands Shader - 7min
Using redshift netword to create a procedural shader for our fibers and strands.
- Part 9.1 : Redshift render settings optimization - 10min
Preparing the final touches and settings to optimize the render of our final image with Redshift.
- Part 9.2 : Redshift render settings optimization - 8min
Preparing all the AOVs / render elements to have full control over the final image in compositing.
FREE BONUS : Compositing within Blender